I know, this is a strange way of explaining different ways of being successful at marketing, and in particular, learning how to generate leads anytime I want them. Go ahead, read this article if you dare and see if you agree with me that the farm can indeed even teach you how to generate your own leads.
I remember so vividly when my father would take me to work with him on the farm. The sights, the sounds, and yes, the smells will remain with me forever. I learned a lot about life, death, work, and commitment on the farm. Not only was it fun, it was extremely educational in many ways, but especially about the importance of being able to be successful at most anything a person wants to be successful at.
I specifically learned that if you are going to be successful on the farm, it all started with being able to generate grain and animals that were new and fresher than the last season was. I learned that if you don’t take care of the animals, and in this case I am talking about the pigs, then those animals would not take care of you. They had to be fed well, and the grain had to be quality grain if you wanted to end up with a quality animal.
My dad was always making sure that the quality of his animals were the best that he could help them to be. If they got sick, he called the vet. He made sure they had their shots, were as warm as possible in the winter, and cool in the summer.
OK, OK, OK… how in this world can a lesson or story about pigs teach someone something that they can use to generate quality leads? Let me explain by making a list of what I learned and how I apply some of those things today.
- You should always take care of your current customers by feeding them new and additional information. Call it feeding them if you want to.
- Make sure your old leads are generated because of something you previously did. Dad never expected baby pigs if he did not allow a reproduction method to take place.
- Generating leads must be done by the newest and most updated system on the market that is different than others in some aspect. This reminds me of the way dad would make sure he personally ground his own feed for the pigs to be sure he knew exactly what they were eating.
- Make sure you do NOT allow yourself to be so entangled in the work you are doing that you do not take time for yourself. If you do not take time for yourself, you will never be as productive as you could be otherwise. This reminds me about the way dad would always do his best to make sure his animals were never under stress. Isn’t that something, if animals do better without undue stress, don’t you think we humans would also?
- Last for this article is to say you need to be able to call your potential clients anytime of the day or evening if you want to maintain a healthy business. My dad made sure he only worked with animal doctors who would make the visit at any hour if they were called.
I learned a lot about business by working with my dad on the farm. I do know that if you are going to survive in business, you better know and understand how to generate your own leads. I have learned to generate my own leads, and the below are items that I believe are a foundation for quality leads that I have access to anytime I want them. Generating your own leads is very inexpensive and it allows you to receive emails everyday from potential customers. Generating your own leads will increase your profit and give you peace of mind knowing you are in control.