Social Media Optimization occupies the primary role in the digital marketing campaign. Social is the place, where your target audiences present in good volume. A well- designed and well-executed SMO can bring a great scope to bring good success to your digital marketing campaign. It is hard to see SMM (Social Media Marketing) and SMO (Social Media Optimization) as a separate entity as both go well hand in hand. Here, it is imperative to carry out your SMO task with strict adherence to certain rules and good practices. Let us see some of those SMO task rules in detail:
1. Networking and Share-ability: Your Social Media Optimization is mainly about networking in a good volume and adds it additionally with the good quality shareable content. More numbers of your connections will get an instant notification as soon as you share some content. When any likes your content and that is going to be notified to their connections to turn your shareable content gets further visibility. Here, obviously, your good quality content deserves sharing from your connections to their network. So, your task SMO should strictly follow this rule that to have the number of connections and there should be sharing activity of your content by your connections. This will ensure extensive visibility to you or your brand or your product or your service.
2. Tagging & Sharing: On social platforms, it is common practice by users to tag their connections or friends to make them view the content. Similarly, there is a chance that some of your connections tend to share it in their network when they feel that the content deserves attention from them all. So, make it sure that your shared content is easy and convenient for tagging as well as for sharing. This is another golden rule of SMO task that is best to practice.
3. Rewarding Engagement: It is important on the social platform to be attentive with your connections and their actions. You should make them feel special by addressing instantly or quickly on their actions. It is good in this context to reward the engagement came from your connections. Here, it need not have to be some reward and conveying gratitude in the form of thanks can also be appreciated well by your connection. It will keep intact the engagement constantly on your campaign.
4. Proactive Sharing: The proactive sharing is all about being active at other similar media too like RSS feed Scribd, Tumblr and some more. Similarly, it is also a proactive measure to keep your content in various other formats too like slides, images and Infographic. For example, some of your connections hate textual content; then they can quickly connect to other formats to engage instantly by tagging and sharing. This is another rule of your SMO to speak their language it means to understand their interest and tailor-made your content accordingly.
5. Mashup: Adding and encouraging your connections to take part in your activity can make them more attentive and engrossed into you for a long run. Mashup is the best rule you can apply to you SMO. Allow your connections to take up your content and add it with their own interesting flavour like voice, music and some more. Though the content is yours, your users will try to own it by mashing it up. This kind of ownership motivates them further into extended tagging and sharing, which can be a great plus to your SMO campaign.