These traffic generation tips are great if you are involved in affiliate marketing or if you want to get more visitors through to your ecommerce site. Implement some of these and you won’t see any more cobwebs growing on your traffic stats, I promise!
I’ve used these myself to generate traffic through to my own sites, so I can tell you – they do actually work and very well too!
1. Forum links. I actually found this one on another affiliate marketing blog, and realised what a masterpiece it is as soon as I had put it into place. Sign up to a relevant and popular forum. Then write an interesting and relevant post. However, don’t write the full comment, link through to your blog with the rest of the information. People will click through to your blog post to read the rest. You could get some subscribers from this practice, as I have myself.
2. Make comments. Humans love to be kind to each other and will return kindnesses that they have received. Visit a popular blog in your niche and leave a few comments. Before long the owner of that blog will come by to visit your blog and will leave you a few comments. They may even link to one of your posts. Kindness is a great traffic generation tool for your affiliate marketing business.
3. Use the follow button. If only we could all build traffic just by writing some posts, however it doesn’t work like that. Sign up to some blog publishing networks such as BizSugar – you’ll be able to see the latest trends, monitor who is influencing them and how they are building their traffic. You can also network with them and possible partner for some other affiliate marketing joint ventures.
4. Start with the inexperienced. There are more people who don’t have experience in a particular niche than those who do. Target these people and you’ll build more traffic and it’s so much easier to write than the deeper technical opinion style blog posts. These people are hungry for information – feed it to them and they will come and hopefully, subscribe!
You can find these people in forums, asking questions. So be helpful and they’ll look you up. You can also use the forum to find out where the weaknesses are in knowledge – and possibly even produce a product to satisfy their needs.
5. Use Twitter services. There are plenty of sites out there that help people to get the best from Twitter. They can be used to make agreements with them to retweet your posts in exchange for you retweeting them. If you have had a particularly popular post on your blog, get it retweeted and you’ll breathe new life into its exposure. The use of Twitter is very useful in affiliate marketing.
Making a success of your affiliate marketing business is dependent on being able to build traffic. If nobody comes to your site, nobody will buy.