Hi there. I’m new here and I hope my first article can be useful to some new WordPress users. In this example, I’m using the WordPress version 3.01 to explain this. If you are using older version, don’t worry. It should be almost the same. Otherwise, please install the latest WordPress version if you are not sure.
Now let’s begin:
- In your WordPress, on the left column. Under the Post or Page, click Add new.
- By default, the WordPress editor look very simple. It is just a white box with some small icon (or tools) on top of it.
- First, move your mouse cursor and click on the location inside the editor space, where you want the image to be put.
- Then, move your mouse cursor to the top of the WordPress editor, you will see the words Upload/Insert, click on the small rectangle icon just next to it on the right side. (the one closest to it)
- It is the Add an image icon link.
- A new pop-up window will be opened, it will said, Add media files from your computer.
- Click on the Select Files.
- Now, browse to the image file you want to insert into the editor space.
- Wait for it to crunch…. yummy
- Then the image thumbnail will shown (if it is not shown, maybe your upload is fail or your image filename is not named in alphabet or number).
- You may leave the Titlefield empty if you want to.
- Click on the Noneunder the Link URL.
- Select the Alignment and Size you want.
- Finally, click on the Insert into Post or Insert into Page.
- The pop-up window will closed automatically.
- Now your newly uploaded image is displayed in the editor area.
- If you want to move it to another paragraph or line, you can move your mouse cursor on top of the image, click the left mouse button and hold it. Drag the image to the location you want.
That’s all. Very easy to insert an image into WordPress.